Mission and Goal Statements
Mission and Goal Statements for Elkhorn Slough Early Mitigation Partnership
To develop advanced mitigation to be available for transportation projects within the Elkhorn Slough Watershed and available as a template for use elsewhere in California.
1. Strive for the greatest ecosystem conservation possible within the Elkhorn Slough Watershed rather than regulatory minimums.
2. Efficient use of agency and NGO resources to maximize mitigation efforts.
3. Conserve, promote, and maintain mitigation sites in perpetuity.
4. After avoidance and minimization of impacts, ensure compensatory mitigation efforts include preservation and restoration opportunities.
5. Create a long term institutional framework for the Elkhorn Slough Pilot Project.
6. Address natural resource impacts as well as agricultural impacts.
7. Promote the concept of early mitigation to state and local resource, transportation and regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
8. Facilitate the delivery of environmentally sound transportation projects that meet the identified transportation needs for the region.
|Mission and Goal Statements for Elkhorn Slough Early Mitigation Group.doc||31.5 KB|